Official National Environmental Education Week 2013 Photo Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) National Environmental Education Week Photo Contest (the "Contest") is open to all legal United States residents affiliated with an organization that provides K-12 educational programs, are 18 years of age and older and who have a valid e-mail account. Such organizations may include, but are not limited to, public and independent schools, home schooling associations, youth organizations, zoos, aquariums, nature centers and parks. Affiliates may be employees, volunteers or affiliated members of such organizations. Employees of NEEF, Samsung and each of their respective affiliated companies or agents and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. NEEF is not responsible for transmission failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winners must be in compliance with all contest rules.
2. Method of Entry: The Photo Contest begins on April 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM EDT and all entries must be received via EE Week's online submission form by 5:00 PM EDT on May 31, 2013. Each entry must include your name, affiliated organization, summer mailing address and valid email address along with a photo and a brief caption demonstrating how you and your organization are celebrating environmental education.
Photographs must be uploaded in a high-resolution .jpeg or .gif format of at least 8 megapixels. No photographs will be accepted by email or regular US mail. All submissions must be original, unpublished photographs, solely created by the submitting entrant(s), to demonstrate active involvement in environmental education. No alteration or enhancement (by computer or otherwise) of the original print or digital image is permitted. Collages will not be accepted. By uploading to the photo contest, entrants confirm that they have obtained all necessary releases for any identifiable individuals depicted in the photographs. Releases for photo subjects should be scanned and emailed to NEEF at EEWeek@neefusa.org or mailed to:
National Environmental Education Foundation
EE Week Photo Contest
4301 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008
Caption text must be no more than 500 characters and must clearly describe the environmental education activity being shown in the photograph.
Entrants may submit multiple entries so long as each entry showcases a different activity or event involving environmental education. However, an individual entrant will only be eligible to be awarded one winning prize.
4. Prizes: The prize package is as follows: The first prize winner will receive a Samsung Galaxy Note® 10.1 (Wi-Fi), 16GB Grey at a retail value of $499.99. The second prize winner will receive a 14.2 Megapixel Samsung SMART Camera (Red) at a retail value of $299.99. The third place prize winner will receive a Dual-View Smart Camera with Built-in Wi-Fi (White) at a retail value of $139.99.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winners will be notified via email on or about June 15, 2013. There shall be no prize substitutions and all prizes are non-transferable. The Contest winners will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes, if applicable, as well as all other costs associated with claiming the prize. Individual winners will be required to complete affidavits of eligibility and liability and publicity releases, as applicable (except where prohibited by law) which must be received by NEEF within (7) days of notificationof the winning entries. Failure to sign and return the affidavits and releases within seven (7) days after notification, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of NEEF, result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of the interest in the prize and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. The prize winners agree to participate in a photo/video opportunity with NEEF, at NEEF's election.
7. Limitations of Liability: By entering the Contest, entrants agree that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of classaction; any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of–pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney's fees and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses.
8. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and NEEF, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws ofthe Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid orotherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
9. General Release: By entering this Contest, all participants and/or entrants agree to release NEEF, prize provider, and their affiliated companies and agents from and against all claimsand damages arising in connection with each entrant's participation and/or entry in the Contest (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) and/or his/her/their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Contest including any injury or harm resulting from the use of the prize or any activity related thereto. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, outside of the manufacturer's limited warranty.
10. Sponsor: The National Environmental Education Week Photo Contest is sponsored by the National Environmental Educationand Training Foundation doing business as NEEF, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. NEEF will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. If youhave any questions regarding this Contest, please contact EEWeek@neefusa.org.