The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF), and its program National Environmental Education Week (EE Week), are committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors. Please read this policy to understand what personal information we collect, why we collect it, and how we use the information we collect.
We track our visitors’ activities to make sure we are providing the best path and access to information. In the form of “cookies” we track the number of recurring visits to our site to minimize the repetition of information that we have already made available to you. This data does not include personal information about you, your school or your company.
Information Collection and Use
NEEF and National Environmental Education Week collect personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- When you register for our enewsletters.
- When you send us an email inquiry.
- When you indicate your interest in supporting or volunteering for NEEF or EE Week.
- When you provide personal information (name, address, email address, telephone and fax numbers, and payment information) by clicking on the link to Groundspring.org to make an online donation to NEEF or EE Week. This database is maintained by Groundspring.org, but NEEF has access to the database in connection with the donation unless you designate the gift as anonymous.
- When you submit a story form.
- When you submit a photograph or streaming video or content on a NEEF sponsored blog.
- When you complete an entry form for one of our contests.
- When you register as an EE Week Partner.
- When you share your success stories via email.
Links to Other Sites
Although NEEF takes all measures - physical, electronic and managerial - to prevent unauthorized access to and maintain the accuracy of your data and information, no information transferred over the Internet is 100% secure. NEEF cannot guarantee the total security of information transmitted to us.
NEEF and EE Week are committed to protecting the privacy of children. For that reason, we do not maintain personally identifiable information at our website from those we actually know are under 13 and we request releases from parents or guardians prior to the use of images including those we actually know are under 13.
By visiting our website you understand our privacy statement and limitations. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact NEEF by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: National Environmental Education Foundation, 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite 160 Washington, DC 20008 or by phone (202) 833-2933 or fax (202) 261-6464.
Last Updated April 14, 2008