The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF), and its program National Environmental Education Week (EE Week), are committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors. Please read this policy to understand what personal information we collect, why we collect it, and how we use the information we collect.
We track our visitors’ activities to make sure we are providing the best path and access to information. In the form of “cookies” we track the number of recurring visits to our site to minimize the repetition of information that we have already made available to you. This data does not include personal information about you, your school or your company.
Information Collection and Use
NEEF and National Environmental Education Week collect personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- When you register for our enewsletters.
- When you send us an email inquiry.
- When you indicate your interest in supporting or volunteering for NEEF or EE Week.
- You provide personal information (name, address, email address, telephone number, and payment information) when you click on the link to PayPal to make an online donation to NEEF. This database is maintained by PayPal, but NEEF has access to information in connection with your donation.
- When you submit a story form.
- When you submit a photograph or streaming video or content on a NEEF sponsored blog.
- When you complete an entry form for one of our contests.
- When you register as an EE Week Partner.
- When you share your success stories via email.
We may on some occasions use information we collect to inform you of upcoming publications or other marketing material that would serve your interest. We do not sell or share this information with unaffiliated individuals or organizations for any purpose, including marketing or promotional purposes. In the event a NEEF sponsor wishes to use images or stories you have submitted to NEEF or EE Week in their cause related marketing, we will provide you with notice of such intended use.
Links to Other Sites
Although NEEF takes all measures - physical, electronic and managerial - to prevent unauthorized access to and maintain the accuracy of your data and information, no information transferred over the Internet is 100% secure. NEEF cannot guarantee the total security of information transmitted to us.
NEEF and EE Week are committed to protecting the privacy of children. For that reason, we do not maintain personally identifiable information at our website from those we actually know are under 13 and we request releases from parents or guardians prior to the use of images including those we actually know are under 13.
By visiting our website you understand our privacy statement and limitations. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact NEEF by email at email@example.com or by mail: National Environmental Education Foundation, 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite 160 Washington, DC 20008 or by phone (202) 833-2933 or fax (202) 261-6464.
Last Updated April 14, 2008